Welcome to the new Exocomm! We're the makers of the Exocomm Linux
Operating System, shipping since 1992.
Due to contractual obligations, we are not accepting new users at this
time. Our software is no longer licensed for public distribution; so
please don't use it.
We make this software because this is the way we like our Linux --
clean, secure, and rock-solid reliable.
What you get :
Some things "modern" users might expect, we don't have :
- one image for any Intel type machine, from the 486 to i7
- lite version works on tiny embedded systems too
- designed to be supported "in the field" for long service life without reinstallation or reboots
- simple configuration, instead of spreading OS configurations all around the filesystem
- fast installation with automated deployment support
- full X media stack for multimedia applications
- cross-compiler environment works great -- ideal for developers
- Enlightenment window manager suitable for many different devices including kiosks, phones, tablets, etc.
- tiny footprint ideal for Docker, Kubernetes and cloud applications -- get more computing power for your money
- way more efficient (memory/storage/computing) than the "popular" Linux distributions
- strict partitioning of OS binaries from writable data area
- a nice GUI and CLI control system for those who run a lot of machines
- reliability is key, so we rely on "stable" versions of code instead of pushing out updates like crazy for the "newest" or
But don't worry. We'll be back soon.
- no partition tables at all by default
- no 64-bit support yet
- no LVM
- no systemd
- no udevd
- no rc.d
- no package management
- no automounters
- no "root" user
- no GRUB
- no man pages
- no Google components
- no proprietary firmware
- no automatic network managers